is Paragon Go Virtual any good?

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by taleblou, Aug 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

Hi:

I just heard about the free "Paragon Go Virtual" and was wondering if it is any good and does this virtual software protect against malware like virtual machines or returnil, shadow defender, etc.. Does it protect against TDSS rootkits and so on. ANyone tried it or knows how good it is? Thanks in advance for your reply.

link: http://www.paragon-software.com/home/go-virtual/

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Yes, it is very good.

Not sure what you mean about protecting against malware.

A backup image of any type means you can restore a clean backup after a malware attack - but it doesn't protect against them - -you need an antimalware app. for that.

3. Woody777

Woody777 Registered Member

I installed this tried to use it in a VM error code: no Operating system Found.

4. Adric

Adric Registered Member

This application is a tool to create virtual disks of a partitions that you want to use in a virtual machine such as VMware, VirtualBox, Windows
    Virtual PC, etc. It is not software for creating virtual machines.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  5. Adric

Adric Registered Member

Be sure the selected partition is set active when creating the virtual disk, otherwise it may not boot. At least that has been my experience when using P2V.

6. akhran

akhran Registered Member

I have the error "No Windows OS found. Please select at least one volume with installed OS.". The machine it is running on is a Win7 Enterprise 64bit.

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this.

7. Woody777

Woody777 Registered Member

Most Confusing. There are 3 partitions on my W7x64. A Restore Partition, a small 100 mb partition which is active & the one with my OS. I take it I must copy both the 100 mb partition & the one with the actual operating System. Setting the wrong partition to active will undoubtedly cause the computer to not boot at all I suspect.

8. akhran

akhran Registered Member

I have the same configuration; 100mb active hidden partition, 20GB boot partition with Win7 installed (C: drive) and the remaining 100GB (D: drive) as data partition.

All the partitions were selected but Paragon Go Virtual does not detect any OS installed.

Any advice please?

Thanks.

9. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Hmmm, if I am understanding correctly what I am reading at the Paragon website, how is Paragon getting around the Microsoft copyright problems with this program?

Acadia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.