Is Outpost Version still beta? What's Going On?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Straight Shooter, Apr 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. In 33 days my license for ZAPro will expire...

Since I was on of those Outpost Paid users who abandoned it because of their situation, and I had problems with it anyway, I am asking if anyone has a realistic idea of When in heaven's name will ver 2 come out?

I wanted to try the new version of Outpost, before I buy the ZApro upgrade.. I only have 33 days left..

Can anyone help me out?

2. dom424

dom424 Registered Member

I wish I did. That is the $64000.00 question.

3. root

root Registered Member

It is nearing the end of the beta cycle. A new beta version was released today and it is believed there are no major issues left to contend with, but there are still some bugs.
    Also localization and finishing the new help file has to be done.
    Whether it will be released within the next thirty days or so would only be guessing. There is no indication of a fixed release date yet.
    Although the interface has not changed much, it is almost a new firewall. That is why it has taken so long.
    Those that wait for it will be pleased, I think. I know of no other firewall that has the abilities of Outpost for those that want to take advantage of its rule making capabilities.

4. Well, I'd love to keep waiting and waiting, but if I don't renew ZAPro in 33 days, I may have to pay full retail price if I see Outpost and I don't want to use it, that's why I was asking if you have a better idea when they'll get the job done. I really have no complaints about ZAPro...

Thanks, Anyway... I know you are trying...

5. Root, If I clean my computer off ZoneAlarm and install the free version on Agnitum for now, will I be able to easily install the paid version of Ver 2? Or will there be many headaches in doing that?

6. notageek

notageek Registered Member

Sorry to ask this here Staight Shooter.

Root, do you know if Outpost 2 will be in the free version also?

7. root

root Registered Member

You should be able to upgrade from version 1 to version 2 when it's released. I know Chris has done this, but that was Pro to Pro. Since the configuration is different from free to Pro, I just don't know if that would work. I always prefer a clean install personally. It's not such a big deal uninstalling the free version to switch to the Pro.
    It is essential that all of ZA is gone before trying Outpost.
    Yes there will be a free and Pro version still. I'm not sure what the differences are going to be though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.