Is NOD32 good at actually cleaning and/or deleting viruses?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Matt_Smi, Jan 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt_Smi

Matt_Smi Registered Member

Hello,

I am considering the purchase of NOD32 but I had a question. I understand that it will do it’s best to keep viruses off of my computer in the first place, but if I do get one how effective is NOD at cleaning the virus? Because in past experiences (on mostly other people’s computers) A/V’s are great at detecting a virus, but once detected they can never do anything about it.

2. nod user

nod user Guest

I really can't answer this question because I never had a bad virus, when I say bad I mean one of the big boys.. One time I had a virus that was in the Java cache, it wouldn't clean the virus or delete it, but I knew enough to empty my cache.. It wasn't a virus unless I had the exploit. I don't know if it would have taken care of it then. Another time I clicked on a picture using google, it jumped up and stopped the virus before it could do any harm..The last one is a zip file that was infected, it didn't go in the file to clean it, but told me the file was infected, so either I could open the file if it was needed and AMON would have took care of it or I could delete before opening, which is what I chose..I use NOD32 along with BOClean, I have used other AV's, I feel much safer using NOD32..I don't want my virus protection to do anything else but protect me, I have other programs to do the other nonsense that some others provide.

3. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

Nod is a good as any of them at cleaning

Some trojans/worms/viruses are very difficult to remove especially some of the newer adware trojans so keeping them off is preferable to cleaning them

All of the in the wild "VIRUSES" NOD should clean if installed on an infected computer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.