Is NOD32 Causing this?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by ewen, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ewen

ewen Guest

Hello All,

I have NOD32 installed on an XP Pro SP1 machine with Outlook 2000 connecting to Exchange Server 5.5.

The problem I'm having is that when Auto Archiving in Outlook it often comes up with an error "Error while archiving folder .... in store .... Some items could not be copied. They were either moved or deleted, or access was denied."

A similar error sometimes occurs when dragging and dropping emails into an archive but it seems to be arbitrary whether it works or not. If it fails the first time it could still work the second or third time with no real pattern to the failures.

I've been through as many possible reasons for these problems as I can think of but with no luck, all I am left with is that these problems started sometime around the time I changed anti-virus to NOD32. Is this NOD32? Can anyone think of any other reasons for these errors (I know it's not really the place if it isn't NOD32 but I thought I would ask anyway!)?

Thanks in advance,

Ewen.

2. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

I had the exact same issue using Windows 2000 SP4/Outlook 2000 connecting to Exchange Server 5.5.

The real culprit in my case was the archive mails unc path which had been changed from servername\outlook\archive.pst to servername2\outlook\archive.pst

I had been using a mapped drive and for some reason on each folder I was archiving, the mapped drive was changed to a unc path. I went to each archived folder and subsequently changed the autoarchive path to the mapped drive and all went back to normal.

I hope this is your case.

3. ewen

ewen Guest

Thanks for the info but the archives are actually on the local machines already. I had seen someone else had that kind of problem and changed it but still with no luck.

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Please send an email to support@nod32.com and place a link to this thread. If you do not hear from Eset within 3 days (allows for weekends), please advise us here...

Let us know how you go…

Cheers :D

5. ewen

ewen Guest

Firstly thanks for the suggestion of emailing support but the email address is returning undelivered and the website seems to be down.

Anyway.... the problem seems to have solved its self. It's now working but I haven't changed anything. It did coincide with the 2.12.2 PCU but I'm not even sure if NOD32 was the problem.

I guess I'll just thank the Computing Gods that its working now, but I'll keep you posted if it suddenly stops working again.

Ewen.

6. arrowsmithmidwest

arrowsmithmidwest Registered Member

well if in doubt that NOD is causing the problem, close nod or boot up without NOD and see what happens!!!

rule it out

7. ewen

ewen Guest

Well that didn't last long. It was working fine yesterday, now it's not working anymore :-(

I've tried switching the NOD32 service off and that didn't help so I might try getting rid of it completely and trying again. I now think that it probably isn't NOD32 because of it being updated over the weekend and working, then nothing changing and it suddenly not working again now.

8. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Try uninstalling Nod32

Removing the Eset Folder from C> Program Files.

Cleaning the registry of the last remaining Eset file.

Leave it off your system for a day or so, then try reinstalling Nod32.

Hope this helps…

Let us know how you go…

Cheers :D

9. powellkr

powellkr Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.