Is My Prevx RT Running Properly?

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Bitten By C Bug, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bitten By C Bug

Bitten By C Bug Registered Member

I apologize if this isn't right place but after reading a thread a few minutes ago where Joe was saying after Prevx was registered it auto goes into Security Center. Well I have no such thing in mine or my wifes Security Center. I am running vista hp x32 with nod 32 av and wd, and keyscrambler. I do notice that is scans newly created files from updates but I am concerned about it NOT being located on either machine in the Windows Security Center if that is important or not? Reason I ask is I looked at Windows Defender software explorer and there is NO Prevx startup program only under currently running programs. This has been this way since I purchased 2 Prevx RT Lic. and installation. The scans run fine but if I am missing something I'd surely appreciate some guidance or help in why it isn't supposedly starting up via windows defender startup programs only says under currently running, is that normal? My default was different than wifes cause she on xp sp3 and had second option checked during installation, and I also noticed on vista installs that the first one is always checked, meaning the protection programs area, whr 3 options are located. Any help would be greatful or maybe I am looking for something that isn't supposed to be there possibly, just posting from reading a post regarding similar findings. My system is Vista hp x32 nod 32 l8est av, wd, and just recently enabled MBAM RT without any conflicks or slow downs, am very impressed with This combo and ha kinda curious if it is even working as the previous gentleman of not finding 255 infections unzipped. Trying to just make sure my prevx is acting as should and is installed properly. Sorry for lengthy post, just trying to explain scenerio.

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Hello,
    Lengthy posts are always recommended! :) Your realtime protection is working properly - we don't require an entry in the startup folder/startup registry keys because of how we load with the operating system. We're working with Microsoft to improve our Security Center integration but at the moment that may be a bit flawed.

The best way to ensure that Prevx is loaded on your system is to look for the green icon near your clock shortly after bootup - that will tell you that everything is clear and secure.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

3. Bitten By C Bug

Bitten By C Bug Registered Member

TYVM, for reassurance of such confusion on my behalf. Yes my icon loads fine and scans newly created files via the Cloud or server. Thanks very much once again for great and prompt assistance. Greatly appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.