Is my hard disk image bootable?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by trokari, Jan 27, 2014.

1. trokari

trokari Registered Member

Hello,

I've been creating images of my hard disk with Paragon HDM 10 Bootable DVD media. My hard disk includes one Windows 7 system partition and one non-system partition.

i've created the backup images using "Backup hard disk.." -option with following parameters:

• General -tab: Hard disk -section: Hard disk
    • Advanced -tab: UNCHECKED check boxes: "Do not control archive integrity", Partition raw process" and "Hdd raw rpocess"

If I now restore this backup image to a completely empty hard disk, will it be bootable even if the image was made without using "Hdd raw process" -option?

My intuition says it should be bootable.. since it is a hard disk image.. with MBR 's and all included.

Thank you in advance for the reply,

Trokari

2. fireworker

fireworker Registered Member

Why you don't want to check your intuition through experience? If the hard drive is completely empty, so you risk nothing.
    My intuition agrees with your intuition, but practice better than assumptions, i think.

3. trokari

trokari Registered Member

Thank you for your reply!

That did cross my mind aswell and I would've done exactly that if I indeed had an empty 500+ GB HD laying around. I was referring to a completely empty HD just as an example, though.

I might have to try it out, tho if no-one at Paragon or elsewhere can provide a certain answer.

- Trokari

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.