Is my computer secure?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Comp01, Sep 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

Ok, I just wanna know what everyone thinks of my computer security programs/privavy programs/etc..
    What I am running:
    AVG AntiVirus Free edtion
    Sygate Personal Firewall
    AdAware
    Spybot:S&D
    Spyware Blaster
    Spyware Guard
    ID-Blaster Plus
    mIRClean
    MRU-Blaster
    RegistryProt
    Startup Control panel

Although with all the crap about Sygate, I'm thinking of switching to Outpost free, because not knowing how safe Sygate is kinda scares me, (Even though I pass Symantec.com and Shields up test 100%)

2. spydespiser

spydespiser Registered Member

Hi Comp01 :cool:

I only have these out of your list, plus i am currently using Mcafee F/W,VS (whilst checking out other products which seem to be popular here) and up to now seem to be holding my own

Before getting hooked up only had Adaware,Spybot & Mcafee's and even though outdated at time stood me in good stead whilst doing emergency updates.

But since updates + D/Lding Spyware Blaster+Spyware Guard things have been even better,

As regarding your choice of AV's + F/W then there seems to be a few different opinions on them but as long as you read the relevant threads properly you will get an insight why any one individual is happy/unhappy with said product, and this is one of the best places to be for said info and you wont go far wrong :cool:

I'm thinking of changing AV, F/W myself and a lot of this pretty new to me as i lived in the world of magazine updates for 12 mth and they only print what they want you to know( I wont mention the official one ;) ;) )

Oh yeah,original topic, you've got more running than i have and i think i just need a couple more tweaks on firewall, just make sure to update regularly, looks ok to me :cool:

SpyD
    Edit - the others will probably reply later and give you some tatsy tips as well ;) :cool:

3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi comp01, IM (biased)HO the only real weakness I can see is the AV department, AVG is not strong on Trojans.
    Why not give the www.diamondcs.com.au products a try, TDS3 for Trojans + many other useful utillities, Wormguard & Port Explorer - All have free trial periods, with support that is seconf to none.

4. spydespiser

spydespiser Registered Member

:)
    Glad someone from DCS replied i've been looking for that page for ages,just changed browser and couldn't remember where it was, recently D/Ld TDS and thought i'd do PE + WG as well, run them together :) for trial period Maybe buy whole package, must find paypal details again yet though and reread, hope to be new cust.

SpyD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.