Is McAfee Virus by AOL any good?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by acr45, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

Comcast is my ISP and it offers McAfee VS and firewall free to its customers. I've used it, and there's nothing wrong with it as far as I'm concerned. I just keep trying others to see what's out there. The grass is always greener you know. ;) :) I'm getting closer to sticking with McAfee though.

2. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

I noted this the other day...:eek: why on earth wouldn't the default at least be "tight" is beyond me.

3. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

I agree. My thoughts exactly. ;)

On my machine - pc 1. I have same set up as Graystoke. For free it provides good all around protection. Please note the low horse power of this machine and I notice almost no slow downs. Also note that i do not have anything else in the real time security department pulling on these few horses.

And finally yes the install as was stated made me think something went wrong and it was hung but it was not...yes like giving birth... my wife took 14 hours with one of my children. :D

Some good honest posts just based on my experience imho. :thumb:

4. Bluenile

Bluenile Registered Member

I find it very strange. especially as it's probably aimed at people who would rather 'set and forget' yet on default settings the inbound firewall protection is worse than Windows Firewall !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.