Is KAV ever be freeware?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by php111, Feb 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nevis

Nevis Registered Member

lol, good one

also i agree that if you regularly check out tech sites, promotion, giveaway's then you may find it easy to get free license like I did :)

2. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

one really fails to understand the logic this thread and the other one on Norton.....
    its upto each company to decide.............some offer them and some don't....

3. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

Sheesh...I am just a teenager. My dad bought a three-year license to Norton, but N360 doesn't work well on my netbook (Windows 7 Starter, 1GB Toshiba NB305 netbook). I wanted one of the netbook editions, but like php11 I do not have a bank account yet and my dad refuses to pay more money. I have enough money to buy a one-year license for a cheap product like Trend Micro, BitDefender or Vipre, maybe, but its not like I can just ship them the money via mailbox. :cautious:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
  4. jrmhng

jrmhng Registered Member

No one really knows. If you want to get it with cash, goto your local computer store and see if there is a boxed version.

Alternatively, use one of the many free AVs available including Avira, AVAST, AVG, MSE and so on.

5. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

I use avast! 6 Free Antivirus. ;)

6. Z_wise

Z_wise Registered Member

Dunno if you guys/gals recall the days back when it was AVP. Eugene was the first to fully unpack AsPack/AsProtect (maybe just because they were compatriots).

Those were the times when A. Solodovnikov was the king. While others were missing any virii packed other than UPX, AVP was catching them all nasties. I still keep the very first unpacking engine that AVP used to use.

Those were the days. Viral db had only ~4k entries, not millions. And their payload was more severe than those of todays. They just turn you into a bot now. No more creativity, and hunting in the wild either.

sigh.

7. x ZauX x

x ZauX x Registered Member

^ :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.