Is It Working Properly

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rwinegar, Sep 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rwinegar

rwinegar Registered Member

I just used TI to undo a program installation that I did not like. It appears to have successfully removed all traces of the program. However, after restoring the image I noticed that the contents of the recycle bin were the same as before and that the contents of my e-mail in box were the same. In other words, the recycle bin and email folders were not restored. Is this normal? Are there other files/programs that do not get restored. I always thought that when one restored an image that it was a complete sector by sector restoration of the image. Am I wrong?

Thanks.

Roger

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Roger,

Well that's a new one on me. Are you sure you restored the partition containing the e-mail folder ?? TI will delete the destination partition(s) prior to restoring an image. Therefore your existing e-mail folder and anything else on it will be zapped and replaced with what's contained in the image of the partition(s) you elected to restore.

Also, if you have more than one partition and didn't restore them all then the Recycle Bin could be showing the contents of the RECYCLER folder(s) on the other partition(s). The other possibility with the Recyle Bin content is that you are running a program such as Norton's Protected Recycle Bin.

Regards

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

No, you are correct. It is a complete restore of all sectors of the partition.

When you restore an image of a partition, everything on that partition is replaced. If the recycle bin and your e-mail were on the partition that you restored, then those files were also restored from the image.

It's possible that your e-mail is stored on a different partition, so it would not have been altered by the restore.

The Recycle bin shows item deleted from all partitions, so if you had items in there from a different partition, those would still be in the recycle bin. However, anything in the recycle bin for the restored partition would be from the image.

Does that explain your observations?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Roger,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Menorcaman and jmk94903 are correct. All the data stored on the restored partition should be replaced by the image data.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.