Is it true???

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 1 Forum' started by Mele20, Jan 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I just saw a post at DSLR saying that "Rodzilla", Rod Fewster, is blind after eye surgery!! Is it true?? Tell me no! I've only known Rodzilla a short time, but he is definitely one of the "good guys". He single handly got this official NOD32 forum set up and going. The cataylst for this was a problem I had while beta testing NOD32 that was never responded to by Eset. Rod got right to bottom of it quickly (even though all the Eset biggies were in New Orleans at the VB conference at the time). Rod told me later that he was going to see to it that there was an official NOD32 forum set up. He said he was going to "get it done right". He told me he was going to put the forum here because Paul Wilders was "one of the good guys" and a long time friend.

This forum is a great tribute to him as it has taken off and become something for Eset and all of us to be very proud of. Rod is one of the fairest and nicest persons I've ever met in "cyberspace". I understand that there will be more surgery tomorrow and I will be praying that he wil be able to recover his eyesight.

All my good wishes and prayers,
    Meleliga (as Rod told me was my name in Samoan)

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Mele,

It's true Rod has severe eye problems, surgery was needed but very unfortunately didn't have succes - I'll withold from details. It's true as well, Rod needs another surgery. Stating Rod is blind is an overstatement. I (as all others no doubt) sincerely wish surgery will succeed.

Rod is a very capable and devoted person - and above all a very good friend, and it's hard to see this happen to him.

Let's keep optimistic - I'm looking forward seeing him around over here, posting as usual in his own unique way!

regards.

paul

3. Randy_Bell

Randy_Bell Registered Member

As I said in my post at DSLR, this is most disturbing news: our prayers go out to Rod and his family at this time. Rod was a personal friend with which I hadn't been in touch recently, so this news came rather as a shock. Let's hope it will have a positive and happy ending. Warmly, Ran

(parallel thread at DSLR: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,5503797~root=security,1~mode=flat)

4. sig

sig Registered Member

I wondered at Rod's absence here but just assumed he was busy. I'm a bit uncomfortable that this information has been made public via an anon post at dslr as he may not have wanted that. But since it is public, I'd like to add my best wishes for a good outcome and that he'll soon be back posting, sharing his knowledge and great humor with us.

5. Paul Wilders

sig,

Couldn't agree more.

regards,

paul

6. :eek: :eek: Well, with the get well posts already up, I would like to sincerely offer my heartfelt wishes for a successful, speedy opertation and recovery..

I don't know Rod as well as many of you out there might, it's just that his insightful posts on many forums including Wilders and his write up on the CNET fiasco through his NOD page have educated me and actually, made me a NOD32 user and supporter..

I thought he always communicated the truth! It was refeshing to see someone stand up and fight against Big Brother CNET, armed with the facts and a determination to make the facts known for all to see! When I read about the eye surgery problems, I was immediately saddenned and I wish only to pray and have a positive outlook.

One more thing. This shouldn't be a private matter. Even though many of us never met face to face, a little more support amongst ourselves should be welcomed in the world we live in.. Thank you for the education, Rod, and I know everyone is rooting for you!!!

;) :) :D

7. Tinribs

Tinribs Registered Member

I wish my 'get well soons' too, I've known Rod for some while (albeit only through reading threads in the antivirus newsgroups) and he is a good guy, my thoughts are with him for a speedy recovery.

8. octogen

octogen Registered Member

I would also like to extend get well wishes to Rod. Thoughts and prayers to him and his family.

9. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I'd like to extend my heart-felt get well soon wishes to Rodzilla.Straight Shooter summed it up very well.Rodzilla's write-up on Cnet regarding NOD32 was truthful and enlightening.He is respected and highly regarded here and I'm sure in other forums also.All my best wishes and prayers to the man I regard as a friend.

10. Paul Wilders

Welcome back, Rod! Seeing you over here pleases me more than I possibly can tell!

regards.

paul

11. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Glad to hear that you are on the mend Rod, I wish you all the very best for a speedy recovery :)

Cheers.

12. rodzilla

rodzilla Registered Member

I'm baaaack!

Just to be here and see here pleases me more than I can tell.

We don't realize the value of our eyes until we lose them. Even a short time without sight is beyond imagination ... and knowing there's a slight possibility that you'll stay that way forever is extremely depressing ... no matter how often you tell yourself that everything will be OK, that terrible thought is always in the back of your mind.

My eyes still hurt like hell. I can't stand strong light, and a few minutes at a time in front of the monitor (TFT ... ten seconds in front of a CRT) is all I can handle right now ... but things improve a little each day.

Thanks to everyone for your good wishes and prayers ... I wish I'd been able to read them sooner.

rod

13. Randy_Bell

Randy_Bell Registered Member

14. Phil

Phil Registered Member

Re:I'm baaaack!

Come on now, tell the truth -- it was really hemorrhoids, wasn't it! :D

Of the five, sight would be at or near the top of the list of the ones I would *not* want to lose. I can't even imagine what you went through. Please accept my best wishes for your TOTAL recovery.

Phil

15. sig

sig Registered Member

Great news! Good to see ya back, Rod. :D :D :D

16. Jaewyn

Jaewyn Registered Member

Too bad there is no antivirus software as good as NOD32 to take care of real life diseases :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.