Is it related to AVAST?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by hrnayy, Apr 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hrnayy

hrnayy Registered Member

Hello Forum Members,

I want to ask one question. Today I saw a folder on my C:\ Now I am confused whether it is an infection or is it related to AVAST.

The folder is C:\sfzone_profile

I don't know how this folder was created in my system. I saw this today but it was made on 20.04.2011. So I am bit confused, whether it is related to AVAST safe zone or is it related to some infection. Although I have deleted it and even scanned my system with AVAST and MBAM and everything seems to be fine.

My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate x86 with UAC maxed and AppLocker enabled.. So I highly doubt its an infection, but still want to know about it.. :)

2. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

These folders only appear when avast! is uninstalled. So if you haven't uninstalled it, i think it's safe to delete it. Besides, even if you try deleting any of the avast! files that are critical, you won't be able to do that because they are protected. Unles they belong to some other program...

3. hrnayy

hrnayy Registered Member

Hi Dear,

Thank you for your valuable reply. But I have not UNINSTALLED Avast. I updated the new version on 20.04.2011, by using the regular update method. So how it is possible than?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.