Is it possoble to backup to a drive without needing to create a folder first ?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by joad, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joad

joad Registered Member

Is it possible somehow to back up all files and folders from a partition on one hard drive to the whole of another hard drive, without needing to create a folder on the destination drive please ?

Any help appreciated.

Joad.

2. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Acronis is just going to create a backup set displaying a group(see note) of *.tib files. It does not care where you store them. Storing the .tib files in a folder is simply neater and allows for multiple backups to be stored on one drive.

Note: Receiving drive is the determining factor. The backup may be one single file if NTFS; or a group of 4G files if FAT32; or any size you select using "archive splitting".

3. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Yes, it is .... the Backup Image files will just be among whatever other files you have on the backup drive. Give the backup an easily recognizable name and you'll not have a problem finding it.

4. joad

joad Registered Member

Many thanks Grover and DwnNdrty for the quick response. When I tried to do the final stage of the start of the backup part, the next button was greyed out unless I specified a destination file or I created one ? ?

Also, is there anyway that it can do it, so that you're left with all of the files copied over to the new destination hard drive without it them having any file extns of .tib ?

Joad.

5. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Ah, you need to provide a name for the tib file. That's it!

Colin

6. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

Forgive me but I don't see a way of quoting your question in a reply. The .tib extension is necessary in that it informs the system as to the application that it is associated with. If you delete the extension or rename it, it will not run properly.

7. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

That'd be the quote button - next to the reply button I reckon! :eek:

Or you can copy and paste the text, and bung a [QUOTE ] without the space and then a [\QUOTE] at the end of it. :cool:

Colin

8. GroverH

9. joad

joad Registered Member

Hi Bruce, I think Colin answered your first point, but if still stuck on it, just let us know.

I'm trying to copy all files from one partition on one hard drive to another hard drive, without the files being connected to any program really.

Joad.

10. joad

joad Registered Member

Many thanks Grover, but in that image it's copying files to folders, which is different to what I'm trying to do - copying all files from one partition on one hard drive to another hard drive, without copying to any base folders.

Joad.

11. GroverH

If you want to simply copy files from one drive to another, then an excellent program to do that is Replicator free for personal use from Karen Kenworthy.

The destination can look just like the source with many user options. You can copy as many or as few as you prefer.

http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptreplicator.asp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.