Is it possible to suppress warnings?

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by ZX3Junglist, May 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZX3Junglist

ZX3Junglist Registered Member

I have two operating systems booting PERFECTLY from separate partitions of my first physical hard drive, using OS Selector 10.0.2.117 (Thanks Acronis! :)

The problem is that I have a promise raid 1 mirror (1X2) which is used solely for storage, and I have absolutely no intentions of booting from this array. The mirror is organized into a single dynamic partition.
    Whenever I start the computer, Acronis OS Selector starts as normal, but before I can do anything, I get a warning stating:

Warning!
    W000101F9: Detected unsupported hard disk drives.
    Acronis OS Selector has detected unsupported hard disk drives. Acronis
    OS Selector does not support Windows Dynamic Disks, EZ-Drives,
    etc.Acronis OS Selector will not be able to access these hard disk drives.

and I must click OK before I am shown a selection menu. While this does not impede the performance of the program or the operationg systems, this is a big problem for me, since the computer will now require manual interaction to get the computer into the default operating system. Unfortunately, my business requires that the computer turns on with a timer, and it needs to get to the operating system (after a short OS Selector timeout) to begin a program.

I don't care at all if OS Selector "sees" this drive, I just don't want it to give an error mesage every time I start up. I've read the FAQs, picked briefly through the registry, and searched the forum quite a bit, and haven't found a solution. Any help would be appreciated, I don't want to have to get rid of acronis.

Thank you,
    Dustin

2. Vart

Vart Registered Member

As far as I know it's not possible to get rid of this warning. However I'm not sure...

Is it possible to get rid of dynamic partition and use the basic one? There will be no warning if you will be able to convert unsupported dynamic partition to the basic.

3. ZX3Junglist

ZX3Junglist Registered Member

I haven't found an apparent way to disable this warning, so my other ideas would be either getting OSS to not "see" the drive array, or to make the drive into a non-dynamic array. I'm no expert on converting drive types, but it's a hardware (promise 378 parallel ata) raid mirror (raid 1), and as far as I can tell, windows sees this as a dynamic array due to its configuration. I don't think it's possible to change it.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Dustin,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

I'm afraid that it is not possible to bypass these warning messages in the current version of Acronis OS Selector. We have forwarded the suggestion to our Development Team to implement an option allowing not to show these message everytime you boot the computer. This suggestion will be certainly considered and most likely it will be implemented in future versions.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

5. bajabronco

bajabronco Registered Member

I second this request! I have the exact same problem - and would like to supress the warning at boot up.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis Disk Management Software

Please be aware that Acronis Development Team works on the solution for this issue and it will be fixed as soon as it is possible.

Thank you
    --
    Alexander Gladkov

7. bajabronco

bajabronco Registered Member

Any progress on this ??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.