Is it possible to read CHX-I log in limited account

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by woobook, Jun 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woobook

woobook Registered Member

I usually surf in limited account, but I can not access CHX log.
    Is there any way to access the log in limited account?

2. delerious

delerious Registered Member

You can use the "Run as" feature to launch the CHX Management Console from your limited account using the Administrator password. You do this by holding down SHIFT while right clicking on the CHX Management Console icon. Or you can modify the icon properties so that it automatically prompts you for the Administrator password when you launch the icon.

3. woobook

Is there any other way, because I always disable Secondary Logon Service.

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

5. Diver

Diver Registered Member

There is a batch file called makemeadmin (or make me admin). Run that and drag the icon to the console window. You can leave that window open for other administrative tasks. Also, you can start a program called launchadmin (or launch admin) which stays in the tray and allows you to open the control panel, explorer, console or task manager as administrator while everything else is limited.

Both are free.

6. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

The logs are in TXT format and by default (XP) saved in the "windows" directory. So you can use notepad to view these.
    There are "log viewers"(free) that you could use (these will update (reload the log file) at certain intervals(seconds if needed).
    You can of course (in admin) change the location of where the logs are stored. Open CHX, right click "Packet filter logs"~ "Properties".

7. woobook

Thanks for your help.
    I have tried some ways. I think the only way is to "enable" Secondary Logon Service.
    I have tried to change some file's Properties in "safe mode". CHX 3.0 Management Console.msc doesn't run, because MMC doesn't run in limited account.
    The TXT format looks differently with CHX log.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.