Is it possible to add a custom legal disclaimer to all outgoing e-mail using NOD32?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by kernit, Apr 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kernit

kernit Registered Member

Hi everyone. I’ve been lurking on these forums for quite a while, and decided to register because I have a question about NOD32 that I haven’t been able to find an answer for, either here or through Google.

My company is running a mix of NOD32 Business Edition v3 and v4 clients, along with NOD32 for Exchange 2003 2.7 and the latest versions of the Remote Administrator Server and Console. All of our workstations are running Outlook 2003.

We’re interested in appending a standard legal disclaimer to all of the outgoing e-mails sent by all of our users. I was hoping that we might be able to do that through NOD32 in some way, particularly because NOD32 already has the capability to append extra text to each scanned incoming/outgoing e-mail message in the form of "this message was checked by NOD32" "advertisements."

What I’m wondering is, is there any way to customize the text that NOD32 appends to each e-mail message, either through NOD32 for Exchange or through the NOD32 clients/NOD32 Outlook plugins on all of our workstations? If it is possible to do this, how might I go about changing that text?

I know that there are software packages available for purchase that add disclaimers to all messages on an Exchange level, but they’re really a bit pricier than my company would prefer. I also know that it is also possible to add disclaimers through an Exchange SMTP event sink, but that might have a significant negative effect on the performance of our mail server, and I am not really comfortable enough with the coding to actually implement that on our mail server.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide, it’s very much appreciated!

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

No, this is not possible.

3. nealuk

nealuk Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.