Is it normal for there to be so few answers in these forums?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by crypto1701, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crypto1701

crypto1701 Registered Member

I see tons of reads, but only a couple of people responding. Is this what to expect from support for this product in the long term.. lots of unanswered questions?

2. ichito

ichito Registered Member

Maybe in most causes is that the big part of members need only some specific information and is not willing or able (knowledge, time, work, wife, kids, cats, dogs...etc.) to answer the questions in topics. But in some causes could be similar to you...just look - you are on forum from 2006, but we can read only 14 your posts :D

3. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

I would expect more of the same in the future.

For one thing, Paragons´s direct support of this forum is very limited.

And it´s difficult for even experienced users to answer many of the questions, because:

• A user´s experience is normally restricted to a single program and a single way of doing things. There are many Paragon programs, different versions of each (free version, paid versions), with different options in each case.
    • Most questions are imprecise. The problem is not stated clearly, it´s not known what is the computer, or the OS, or the Paragon program used, or what the user intends to do.

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Robin A. has pretty well summed it up.

I can't really answer questions of incremental file backups, differential backups, etc unless they are of a very general nature since I only do full backups with the paid B&R program. I can make assumptions but that usually is risky.

Apart from Matt Spathes dropping in and helping out that is about it from Paragon. Somebody once said there was more activity on their Facebook page but I don't know. Unfortunately, if that is the case it is having the same effect on other forums about hobbies and products.

5. crypto1701

Yeah, but those were Acronis forums and they moved off Wilder Security. I was much more involved in the Acronis hosted forums.. too much so for Acronis' liking at one point. Just a matter of timing.

I must admit that I don't spend much time in forums.. I'm just not able to spend that much time in front of the computer.. so I'll probably be gone from this one when I get it working.

I guess I'm just use to seeing more people in forums for products that cater to more technical-minded (I assume B&R isn't catering to the "non-programmer"; they do use scripts.. something most people think are used to pick up medicine).

I just noticed a lot of reads on the posts and it seems strange that I would be the only one doing differential backups to a network share..

Of course I opened a ticket for this days ago... but they do say they'll be really slow. Can't fault them for their honesty (especially compared to Acronis!).

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  6. crypto1701

I thought it went kids, wife, kids, kids, job, kids, (pets), kids, death.. there ain't no freaking time! :'(

7. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

I have received several e-mails from Paragon with "special offers", available only from Facebook.

8. crypto1701

Oh joy.. Facebook. :doubt:

9. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I have no interest in Facebook but there are lots of other things that I think are dumb that have become mainstream whether I like it or not. People clogging up the Internet with movie downloads and related crap is one of them but that's where it has gone.

Remember newsgroups, they were the place to look for info. They still exist but as a shadow of their former self.

Oh well....

10. crypto1701

Yep.. I used to be the FidoNet 6000 hub out of Dallas. I must admit.. I like my 24Mb connection over my 9.6Kb!

11. wptski

wptski Registered Member

I follow the posts here but if I don't know the answer to a question, I don't reply. I only do full backups manually, everything is simple.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.