Is it necessary to scan both accounts?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by papajoe41, Mar 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. papajoe41

papajoe41 Registered Member

Hi. This is my first post to this site, and I wonder if someone could answer this question for me.

I run Windows XP, and I have two accounts: one for me and the other for my wife. Is it necessary to perform separate scans on each account for viruses, etc., or is a scan on one account sufficient?

Thanks.

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

If you scan your primary disc such as C:// and scan all files I would think it would scan the entire disc, both accounts.

bigc

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I feel BigC has you covered concerning the viruses....but I would like to make sure about the word etc. If etc means other type programs such as Adware\Spyware cleaners....some of them do need to be scanned\checked on each account.

4. papajoe41

papajoe41 Registered Member

Thanks for the advice.

If I understand this correctly then, it is not necessary for me to do an AV scan on both accounts (I have NOD32).

However, it would be necessary for me to scan both accounts with the following protection that I use. (Spy Sweeper, A squared Free, Adaware SE, Spybot S&D, Ewido Free, XClean Free. I also have SpywareGuard and Spyware Blaster on both accounts. I use ZA Free.) As you can see I prefer a layered approach.

I was prompted to ask this question after Spy Sweeper found two data miners on my wife's account that it didn't find on mine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.