Is it necessary for me to do a software update?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by dannyeluciane, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dannyeluciane

dannyeluciane Registered Member

Hello everyone,

I currently use Nod32 v.3.0.669.0 in Brazilian Portuguese. I notice that there is a new software update to version 3.0.672.

I thought I set Nod32 to automatically update. I see the update ballon popup through out the day.
    Is it necessary for me to update to this version or is my current version still okay to use?
    Will my computer still have the same protection?

Thanks in advance for the help!
    Danny

2. Kosak

Kosak Registered Member

Hello,

if you haven't got problems with instability (Vista user) and antispam module doesn't cause "Unexpected exception 003 and 007" error messages, then no, it isn't necessary.

3. puma_one

puma_one Registered Member

Hello Kosak,

May I ask you something ?

I have also installed on my computer (Vista) the version 3.0.669.

The smart scan works well but I think that the in-depth scan is working too slow (in-depth scan with v2.7 = +/-40 minutes; with v3.0.669 = 1H35 minutes).

Also with Windows Mail, nod32 always remind me, in the e-mail notification, about a decompacting problem but not with Thunderbird.

I have reinstalled the program once and noticed any change.

So do you think that the version 3.0.672 should be downloaded for better result ?

Thank you

4. Kosak

Kosak Registered Member

Hello, build 672 repairs only two bugs I mentioned above.

When scanner (real-time or on-demand) checks file compressed by packer and emulation is enabled (Advanced heuristics) it needs more time than in case of simple files.

Of course, because scanning in Windows Mail is based on plugin and in Thunderbird on POP3. Could you please post here the screen of this notice, too?

5. dannyeluciane

dannyeluciane Registered Member

Kosak,

:) Thanks for the information! My Nod32 is running great. I haven't had any problems; so I will keep with my version.

I want to say Nod32 is a great program and easy to use. I appreciate all the help I get through this forum and also through e-mail.

Thanks again!
    Danny.

6. puma_one

Thank you Kosak for answering,

About the speed, I agree that maybe with the version 3 you have new functions with more duration.

With v3 I dislike that the computer takes about 10 minutes to examine one files of the program Java, during a deep scan. In this case the scanning seems to be stopped and the activity of the CPU is largely increased. I didn't have that kind of things with 2.7 even with the heuristic enabled.

About the e-mails, here you have the picture of the screen... http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/6733/esetforwilderforumnq7.jpg
    So, with v3 you have 2 confirmations (in place of one), the first is normal and the second mentions a decompacting problem.

I have to mention that there is enough Ram on my computer and also enough space on the hard drive. Also, I never had such remark with 2.7 running with Windows Mail before.

Truely yours

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

That could be because v2 uses certain limits for scanning files whilst v3 doesn't use them (this will be configurable in the next version).

I assume you're running Vista. I reckon this problem has something to do with UAC and permissions for the temporary folder. Please delete the temp folders (by default c:\windows\temp and %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp) and recreate them.

8. puma_one

Thank you for the answer.

I am waiting for the improvement for v3 during the next months.

Until this, I have reinstalled v2.7 which is a really great product.

9. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please send that file in a password protected archive to samples[at]eset.com with this thread's url in the subject. I for one think that it's better to resolve this problem than resorting to v2 and sacrifying overall detection capabilities just because of this java file.

10. puma_one

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.