Is it just me or is 3.0.684 faster?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by PRJUS, Dec 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Smacky, I honestly cant provide you with what you are asking. So I respect your need for solid criteria and I guess we will just have to leave it at that for now. You are right in asking but I know what I am seeing with Version 684. So I apologize with not answering your post in the informative manor you asked for.

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

According to my scan logs a full scan isn't any faster. But the impression I have is one of web pages loading faster. 684 just has a different feel to it.

3. trjam

trjam Registered Member

In all honesty, it reminds me of running Geswall and nothing else. I do know my internet speeds are as fast as with Geswall, which up till now had the least impact on speed on my machines, if that helps. But here again, if I go to version 4, it all craps out in the beta. So that is why I said, Version 3 is now the product I had always hoped for. If I matched it up against Avira for web speed, it would be a toss up.

4. stratoc

stratoc Guest

5. CivilTaz

CivilTaz Registered Member

6. trjam

trjam Registered Member

7. Bunkhouse Buck

Bunkhouse Buck Registered Member

I have done tests on my machine and it is faster. Not subjective- but objective tests. In addition, I had 100% CPU spikes with all but 2.7 and uninstalled Eset for that reason. This build is not only empirically faster for boot-up, file opening and closing, and on-demand scan speed, but also does not cause CPU spikes on my machine. That is not the placebo effect, but it also does not prove this build is faster on other user's machines. Obviously, I cannot provide data for them. But my educated guess is that it is at least somewhat faster.

But it is faster on mine. :thumb:

8. Bunkhouse Buck

Bunkhouse Buck Registered Member

Its real close, but after tests, Ver 3 is slightly faster than Avira overall and the fastest I have ever used on my computer. :thumb:

9. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Defs definitely faster and more reliable. I'm happy with the new build.
    Good job, ESET :cool:

10. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

Well after having used 684 for a couple of days i started to think "hey, this seems a bit snappier." I came in to check the change log and found this thread had been started. I didn't read the thread and then think "hmmmm.. actually.."

11. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

My boot up is definitely faster. Every morning I start my computer and go get a cup of coffee. By the time I return half my sys tray icons are up. After installing 3.0.684 all the icons are up when I return. You can't get better test results than that. :D

12. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Maybe your coffee machine is taking longer?

13. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

No, I always make 2 cups and it beeps when it's done.

14. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

seems to be really more faster than previous version , and also from all AV i test in here.... very impressive :thumb:

15. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

omg no i wanna test it myself :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.