IS it harmful to restore image every week

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by waziristani, Nov 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waziristani

waziristani Registered Member

hi i am new and i wanna ask that is it harmful to the hard disk if i restore an image i created with True image 6 every week coz
    i have heard that making and breaking partitions alot can create bad sectors in hard disk(is this true) and
    i think that when TI 6 restores an image of a partition it first breaks that partition and then makes it again(is this true)

plz answer i am confused

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello waziristani,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/).

"i have heard that making and breaking partitions alot can create bad sectors in hard disk(is this true)" - I cannot help you regarding this matter.

"i think that when TI 6 restores an image of a partition it first breaks that partition and then makes it again(is this true)" - This is true for any version of Acronis True Image.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

3. Skyhawk

Skyhawk Registered Member

What do you mean by "first breaks that partition and then makes it again"? I've never heard that terminology before.
    Thanks,
    Skyhawk

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi Skyhawk

I think what waziristani means is that it deletes the existing partition and then creates a new one during the restore process.

As to his question whether this process creats bad sectors? I've never heard of that one before!! Bad sectors are caused by sick hard drives not software. Clusters can be "lost" (but subsequently recovered) because of a corrupted write operation but that's a different thing altogether.

Regards

5. Skyhawk

Skyhawk Registered Member

Understand now. Thanks!
    Skyhawk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.