Is it a one-time purchase price of $39?

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Bizadi, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bizadi

Bizadi Registered Member

I am considering replacing my Sygate Personal fw with LnS but I can't tell if the single unit price of $39 is annual or permanent. Also, can I d/l LnS for a trial and keep Sygate installed but disabled (off)?

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

This is not an annual price but a one-off purchase price UNTIL a major upgrade is released. Then users will need to pay a little more if they want to upgrade.

At the present time I have used LNS for nearly 3 years and have only paid the initial price; excellent value for money compared to other firewalls!

I would recommend uninstalling Sygate before installing LNS. This is the general advice given when testing different firewalls.

3. Bizadi

Bizadi Registered Member

Thanks for the info. & please check your PM. Is it really necessary to uninstall Sygate while trialling LnS? Disabled wouldn't be good enough? I'm only asking because my connection is dialup and if I decide to go back to Sygate I will need to find it first (as Symantec has purchased it) and then re-d/l it. Bit of a pain.

4. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

You could try disabling Sygate, but as I mentioned, IME, it would be better to uninstall it.

If you cannot find the original download on your hard drive, then you could can obtain a copy from this site.

It's about 9MB, so use a Download manager or ask a friend with a faster connection to download it for you!

5. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Disabling Sygate worked fine for me though Sygate will quickly detect Look N Stops driver. You may get a prompt to OK it. That was my experience. Still though, uninstalling is pretty much always the safe way to go...:rolleyes: :eek: ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.