Is GesWall better or equal to DefenseWall ?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by iphone, May 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iphone

iphone Registered Member

Hello,

I have try this 2 products :
    - GesWall
    - DefenseWall

I am interesting to buy one of this product for my Laptop.

In my test (my config), GesWall work great with no problem.
    But with DefenseWall, my PC is slowing (a little) and DefenseWall crash somtimes ... (i don't know why but this is when i have 2 or 3 message from DW about Google desktop atempt to access ...)

In GesWall, i can create rules for device ...

1) What do you think about GeSwall (good product, are you happy with it) ?

2) Is DefenseWall better alternative (perhaps i missed somthink about that program ...) ?

2. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

I think you've answered your own question chief. :)

Some people will prefer prefer GesWall others will prefer DefenseWall, all depends on how many people feel like replying to your question.

On this forum, from what I've seen, DefenseWall has good support as the developer is on-hand every day to help people with his product. So if your system is running slow, for example, you might have to add a few processes to the 'defense excludes' section.

Some people will say program A and B work well, you can then download and try the combination out only to find your system cruising at snail speed.

All comes down to you, as you're the only one sitting in front of your screen seeing what's going on. :)

3. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Main differences DW and GW

see pic for main difference in options, there really are competing programs, it depends on taste what you like. In general one could say GW is easier for power users (due to rules editor) and DW is for normal (menu driven gui).

Regards

Attached Files:

4. iphone

iphone Registered Member

Thank's,

If i understand, GesWall is better for advanced user (rules ...)

My crash problems with Defensewall is identified now !
    This is a problem with google desktop ...

5. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Sorry not better, but GUI is different.

GeSWall has a sort of line based rules editor. Directly editing the rules is easier for Power Users, because they know what to do by heart (in this way GW is a little easier to configure for power users).

DefenseWall has a normal operation and a menu driven advanced options. With these advaced options you can achieve they same things as with GW, only by using the GUI. This enables users of lesser experience to work with it these advanced rules (in this way DW is a little easier for normal users). Note that 90% of DW users never touch advanced options part (except maybe the password setting).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.