Is free program SpyDefense any good?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by surferx, Jan 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. surferx

surferx Guest

What do you guys think of this free anti-spyware program? http://www.everestlabs.com/ Any comments as to how good it may be or not? Thanx for replies.

2. Zero3K

Zero3K Registered Member

I think that it is good. I stopped using it though, since it crashed after leaving it in the system tray for a few hours.

3. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I think that will be a nice program to have...

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Considering the HUGE number of rogue AS scanners (more than 200) and only a handfull of decent AS scanners, I think SpyDefense will be usefull. :)

5. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I was just visiting their forum. I could have got this wrong. But it seems when this program finds something it doesn't like. It deletes it without asking. Their forum is pretty bare. I'm kinda waiting for brave souls here. For their experience.:p

6. trickyricky

trickyricky Registered Member

I used it for a few months and it was very well behaved. It did NOT delete anything without permission as every scan is followed by an item by item summary which allows you to set the required action for each item found.

It was a nice app to use and behaved itself well at all times.

It does feel like a very good app but it will need more than just my few months of testing to see how good it really is. I certainly keep it on hand as a backup scanner for those hard-to-shift nasties... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.