Is ewido reputable ?

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by squash, Aug 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squash

squash Guest

Is ewido reputable ?... if it's such a good product, why isn't it well known and on a reputable download source like CNET Download.com

2. squash

squash Guest

Also when search on Google for anti trojan

ewido isn't listed on the top pages on the search results...

3. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

4. squash

squash Guest

The computer cops domain ends in .biz not .com, .net not .org

and the link virtually proves nothing

5. squash

squash Guest

I looked at the imprint on the ewido website, and that so it is reputable... but i still don't know why such as program like ewido isn't listed on CNET Download.com ... i mean... a2 is listed there... why not ewido... :)

6. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi squash,

It looks like that link works okay from here, so I'm not sure about this reference. Did it not work for you?

7. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Link still works from here also - and Computer Cops is awful well known to be a reputable site in and of itself.

8. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

It will soon be listed there when our marketing campaign starts, we just wanted to finish it first :)

9. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

mmm fish :cool:

10. tazdevl

tazdevl Registered Member

If that's how you judge whether or not a software company is reputable, you have a lot to learn. I'm not going to go into the number of crap apps on download.com from "reputable companies".

Companies arrange for distribution deals with CNET/ZDNet, Ewido probably hasn't done this, could be for a variety of reasons... cost and control are probably the two biggest factors. Also, they have a couple minors issues, like all developers deal with when it comes to recently release applications, to work through. At the moment, the app is quite solid though.

11. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

I wouldn't go by download.com or cnet

there are a lot of not so reputable programs that find their way on to those download sites

Ewido has been around for quite a few months now and seems to be progressing quite well

The developers listen to comments from users and have chosen to publicise it via security related forums where it will get and does get a good going over from "experts" some of the comments about it are favourable & some are not so good, but they do listen and take on board all comments

I am sure that when it is in a more polished state and a bit more reliable and as many bugs have been found and fixed, then that will be the time to publicize it to a wider audiance where it might then get up amongst the mainstream anti trojans

They appear to be sensible in not rushing to distribute to the wider market until it is working properly to prevent or cut down on future problems

there is nothing worse than a promising product rushed to the market place and failing because of silly faults and once a user has experienced a problem with it they will never buy that product again especially in the security field

12. squash

squash Guest

No, that is not how I just my downloads (by download sites like CNET)... I prefer to download file from an authors or companies website then such as download site... but it was quite a suprise to see such a program like ewido not listed on CNET...

I think the user "fish" has answered my question by saying that the market campaign is going to start after the solid product thing...

13. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

all new products have a hard time to break through but ewido has a very very much capacities.

tell me Fish, when will the bugs fixed?? are you laying you last hands on it??

what will be added, made better??

thanx anyway

14. richrf

richrf Registered Member

I purchased Ewido a couple of weeks ago because it seemed like a well thought out program that was picking up some minor spyware problems. It behaves well and I have no problem running it alongside other AV, AT and AS programs. I can't say it is a must have at this point in time. I still trust TDS-3 the most for positive ID but no false positives yet from Ewido and it seems to fill some gaps based upon some reviews I have read. It will be interesting to see how it develops.

Rich

15. The gdi dll is vulnerable to the latest exploit for JPEGs. I uninstalled the suite here.

16. Quite paranoid. In fact the DLL included is used only for internal rendering of the GUI and not for displaying any third party files. So yes the DLL might have the JPEG bug but it can't be exploited cause ewido use it to display their own images only.

But well ... i guess they will publish an updated version of the dll soon via online update ;).

17. Infinity

we should have been receiving the new release yesterday. is anybody hearing anything new about ewido? I thought they were practically ready with the new release...

18. Hyperion

Hyperion Registered Member

I like Ewido.Also picked up a dialer.Actually i didn't know that finds dialers too :D For the history Antivir flagged it too,while Panda Platinum didn't.

19. lynchknot

lynchknot Registered Member

Is anyone else seeing this?

20. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

Please read the post by "to lazy to login" earlier in this thread...

21. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

Just to highlight the drawbacks of relying on cnet:-nobody remember the "review" they gave to NOD?

22. lynchknot

lynchknot Registered Member

thanks, too lazy to read posts I guess. I skimmed through them but missed that. Why does anyone log out in the first place. Is there a security issue? I never do and I am automatically logged when opening this board.

23. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hello all,

This thread was getting way off topic with the discussion of cookies and cache. I have split the thread and moved the off topic posts here titled Cookies and Cache. Let us all try to keep these threads on topic now please. Thanks in advance.

24. halcyon

halcyon Registered Member

25. Infinity

I don't think you can compare those Antitrojans with each other if you ask me. they were all finished at that time except for ewido free (free!!!) still strong performance if you ask me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.