Is Eset abandoning 3.0 Development?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Bigzizzzle, Jun 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bigzizzzle

Bigzizzzle Registered Member

Since 4.0 is a buggy bundle, will eset continue developing 3.0? Sadly, all im seeing from eset lately and i follow the forum is this : Unintstall to 3.0.

Also I must recommend that eset develop an exclusion list for all versions that is prebuilt to Microsofts recommended Dont Touch List. I think this might help boost performance.

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

The recommendation to uninstall ESET NOD32 Antivirus v4.0 and go back to v3.0 was a temporary one, and given as one of several potential steps to perform in order solve a specific compatibility issue between the software and Service Pack 2 for Microsoft Windows Vista and Microsoft Windows 2008. That issue has since been resolved.

If you experience a problem with the V4 software, then ESET is ready to assist you with resolving it.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  3. stratoc

stratoc Guest

a shame, i was willing to give eset another shot when they updated the firewall in v3. v3 was nice and basic yet effective, not quite v2 but close.
    if it's not being worked on i wont bother. every build seems to be stepping away from the reason most people used nod 32, it was utterly unique and now.....

4. Bigzizzzle

Bigzizzzle Registered Member

Partly true, but I base this on the fact that it hoses Server OS's. I read the horror stories all day about people the AV on Servers. Regardless still the main point is, are they abandoning 3.0 development?

5. enduser999

enduser999 Registered Member

Well I have removed Ver 4 from two older computers here AMD64 3500+ and a laptop with a 1.7Ghz CPU. Both computers have 2GB of RAM and XP Pro SP3 and both have exhibited the same problem with NOD32 v4. Extremely high CPU usage ie 99% so much so that the computer was unusable for 20+ secs, even with the current build of version 4.

I got so frustrated that I have reverted back to version 3 on both of these machines. The desktopp appears to be fine but the laptop still is having problems when downloading large files. The latest was just today when the CPU was pegging close to 99% for almost a minute.

6. miki69

miki69 Registered Member

Last V3 version is 684, released almost 6 moths ago, so you draw conclusion. v4 is active version now, regardless of issues some users may experience.

Cheers,
    Miki

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.