Is DrWeb Cureit Install Folder System32?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Jula9600, Jan 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jula9600

Jula9600 Registered Member

Sorry if I am not posting in the correct forum but I wasn't sure where to post this. I went to the drweb cureit website, hit to download the free version and when prompted to save, the default folder showing was windows/system32. I just hit cancel after that.

Yes, I know I can download it to any folder but found it odd that THAT would be the default, as I've never seen that before. Is system32 the typical default folder?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, newbie here.

2. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

No I would not run it from there. I run it directly from my downloads folder. It is a portable scanner and you need to download it each time you use it (it does not update). I f you run it from the windows/system32 folder you stand the chance of accidentally deleting the wrong file when you replace it with a newer version.

3. SweX

SweX Registered Member

...or download it directly to the desktop if you want.

4. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

Your browser is setting the download folder, not Dr.Web, unless you chose Run when asked to save. You should be able to run it from anywhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.