Is DriveImage XML a good image program?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by stratman450, Jan 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stratman450

stratman450 Guest

Does anyone use this free program?

I was wondering how quickly you can image your drive compared to something like Image for Windows, Ghost or TI?

I realize it depends on amount of data, but lets say the hard drive had 30GB of data and you did an image with all 4 programs, how would DI XML compare to the others in the amount of time it takes to do a full backup image of the drive? Thanks for any help.
  2. JasonMT

JasonMT Guest

I never tried it but it looks like a decent program. I'll have to try it out. It does look good compared to some of the overpriced payware apps that do the same thing. I guess most of the regular posters around here would rather pay for software that you can find for free. ;)
  3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Sep 20, 2003
    When it comes to certain things the cheapest software is that which is 100% reliable. For example you could offer me a free version of what First Defense does and I'd not be interested because I know FD's reliablitity. Same thing is true of imaging and backup.

PS I have to admit, for me it is a time vs money, thing and time is more valuable, as I use the computer for business. Probably isn't true for all.
  4. securityx

securityx Registered Member

Dec 1, 2005
    Pete is absolutely right. I know nothing about the DriveimageXML, but I do know that Image For Windows is reliable and use it exclusively. Peace of mind is worth a lot.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.