Is DriveImage XML a good image program?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by stratman450, Jan 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stratman450

stratman450 Guest

Does anyone use this free program? http://www.runtime.org/dixml.htm

I was wondering how quickly you can image your drive compared to something like Image for Windows, Ghost or TI?

I realize it depends on amount of data, but lets say the hard drive had 30GB of data and you did an image with all 4 programs, how would DI XML compare to the others in the amount of time it takes to do a full backup image of the drive? Thanks for any help.

2. JasonMT

JasonMT Guest

I never tried it but it looks like a decent program. I'll have to try it out. It does look good compared to some of the overpriced payware apps that do the same thing. I guess most of the regular posters around here would rather pay for software that you can find for free. ;)

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

When it comes to certain things the cheapest software is that which is 100% reliable. For example you could offer me a free version of what First Defense does and I'd not be interested because I know FD's reliablitity. Same thing is true of imaging and backup.

Pete

PS I have to admit, for me it is a time vs money, thing and time is more valuable, as I use the computer for business. Probably isn't true for all.

4. securityx

securityx Registered Member

Pete is absolutely right. I know nothing about the DriveimageXML, but I do know that Image For Windows is reliable and use it exclusively. Peace of mind is worth a lot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.