Is Dr.Web CureIt and Ewido Micro really standalone apps?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by cochese, May 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cochese

cochese Registered Member

I downloaded and took a look at each of these. In Dr.Web CureIt I noticed a setting for registry saving. I understand it creates a log file in a directory, but where are the setting changes being saved, in registry or a ini file?

In Ewido Micro there are no settings but it's downloading the virus database (where?). Is it making any registry changes?

I don't consider an app to be portable/standalone if it makes changes to the underlying base system. I don't know how to tell if a program does either (without asking).

Thank you for the help.

2. PiCo

PiCo Registered Member

I opened the Dr.Web CureIt log I once ran and found this:
    I think it creates an .ini file somewhere in Temp folder, along with other stuff needed for the scan.

3. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

Cureit has caused to be created some registry entries in HKCU and HK Users.
    Don't know about Ewido. Used it only once; the db update was a bit big for me.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Ewido micro don't have anything to change in it . It is really a portable because it uses only the Temp variables (and it is where it places its signature files)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.