Is difference in protection offered really worth worrying about?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by steve1955, Apr 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quitch

Quitch Registered Member

On the signature front, sure, the differences are so tiny it's almost yawn inducing, though if you dig into the detail of the AV Comparative reports you'll see there are some finer details worth noting that are missing from the overall chart.

Heuristics still allows products to stand apart though, there is a real divide there, and even some which score well like AntiVir are high on the false positive front.

For me though, the real battle ground is performance. The attack vectors for viruses are decreasing, and the programs themselves are getting better at spotting the nasties, so I want something that isn't going to get in my way or affect my use of the machine.

2. rogervernon

rogervernon Registered Member

Thanks for your help.

3. Metal425

Metal425 Registered Member

Also, different users have different needs. Hence resulting in configuration, and using AV's not at the top of the pack.

4. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

That's why I actually said the "best av's",not 2nd tier products with little or no development and backup

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.