Is deleting "exdl.exe" in notepad enough?

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Proverbs 9:10, Jan 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Proverbs 9:10

Proverbs 9:10 Registered Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Followed the link by bigc73542 to search for specific threat items. When I searched for exdl.exe for example the notepad found two hits. I went to the hit spots and deleted only the "exdl.exe" (was not in quotes). Should I have deleted the part immediately before it which included ...system32/ reference?

After completing this task, I saved it. Now, I am currently getting a message from "messenger service". I have no idea if this is legitimately from my computer. It says, "Message from SYSTEM to USER on 1/20/05." There is a bunch of warning information with a suggestion to get help at www.ErrorFixer.com. Is this a legitimate warning from my computer, perhaps based on what I deleted in notepad? Or, is this an attempt by others to get at my computer?

Can you please help? I really don't know if I need to follow this link or if I should run fast and furious. Thank you.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.