Is Comodo 3 beta 3 stable enough for main pc?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by g3cko, Oct 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g3cko

g3cko Registered Member

Since I can't find a decent outbound firewall for Vista yet (with the exception of Jetico but whose UI looks a bit daunting so I'll be steering clear for now), I've settled on Comodo but since it's still in the beta stages right now I'm not too sure on what to do. Is the current beta 3 stable and safe enough to protect my main pc or should I wait for the RC or final release? Are there any alternatives?

2. drkoopz

drkoopz Registered Member

I had a previous beta of Comodo(Beta 2 I think?) installed on my Vista PC and it wouldn't uninstall itself. It just kept hanging in my system. Eventually I had to do system restore to get rid of it.

So i'd say wait until RC or even a little after launch for some bug fixes.

3. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

If you're willing to install a beta and take your precautions, then go ahead.
    I'm running it too, runs well and doesn't use much resources. :)

However Defense+ needs to learn a lot. I got lots of pop-ups in the past, now only once in a while. :)

As alternatives, you've Look 'N Stop & PCTools, although my personal preferences goes to LnS.
    LnS runs here too, PCTools I tried before and I didn't encounter problems with it.

Try it out, so you'll know which one fits your needs, else wait for Comodo's release. ;)

4. Diver

Diver Registered Member

Go over to the Comodo forums. I think registration is required for the beta forum. See what issues are being discussed and how those may impact. Then image your system before installing the beta. The only way to answer your question for real is to try it, and with an image it is possible to go back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.