Is BoClean worth it?

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by SecurityUser, Nov 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

sorry topper...

2. muf

muf Registered Member

Well two things really that are going to prevent me from trying Ewido.
    1. I have BOClean. It's never let me down. So why change?
    2. I have Windows ME so Ewido is a no go anyway.

Elaborating a little on point 1. If i've never been let down by it why do i need to change. I works well on my system, uses very little resource and is updated regular. I don't change application's just because i'm bored of my current one, and i don't change them because another has a prettier GUI. I would change an application if it let me down regular. I wouldn't drop BOClean if it missed one, but i would if it kept missing them.

Some people are serial security application users, in that they change them every other week just because they see a review saying something is the best or that it has some new innovative way of working. This is not a criticism of any of you as i'm sure you have your own reasons for using whatever application you do. But for me, if i'm happy with an application and how it performs then i keep it until that fact changes.

muf

3. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

You don't need to change - you can have both!

I'm sure that a lot of very satisfied BoClean users get the best of both worlds by having something else for demand scanning.

I agree there would be no sense in putting something else resident if you are confident with what you have got!

4. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

me too I agree that .

5. muf

muf Registered Member

That's so true. I forgot to mention i have Trojanhunter for on-demand scanning. :)

muf

6. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Too bad DiamondCS doesn’t follow this policy, it has now prevented me from purchasing two of their products.

Amen, just take a look at the Anti-Virus forums.

Thank you, Infinity, I only wish everyone were like that (again, especially in the anti-virus forums)

Acadia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.