Is betterantivirus.com a clown operation now?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by registered, Dec 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. registered

registered Registered Member

ESET used to be associated with Wilders many many moons ago. As such, betterantivirus.com would advertise here as a reseller for NOD32. I purchased a couple of licenses from them as I have ½ dozen machines with 5 running NOD32. Anyway, my license is expiring next week and I purchased a renewal from betterantivirus and it's 4 days now and no license update. They ain't responding to support requests. At what point do I claim fraud and try to charge back on my credit card?

Thanks

2. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

3. registered

I'll pass. the last thing I need is some excuses like "Oh it's the holidays"

4. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

5. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

No response to helpdesk? cmon - the ticket had been opened with our helpdesk for all of 30 minutes - and yes, it was AFTER HOURS.

During my evening rounds, I found this ticket and responded - the matter is in hand and it will be resolved- and I hope to your satisfaction - I'm still working on it.

I should clarify to folks - yes, we're an ESET reseller - we're family run and I personally work on orders, tickets and the website 7 days a week. Yes, on Christmas day - I'll be processing orders and watching for helpdesk tickets - but I don't have it buzz my cellphone every time we get a ticket, because helpdesk ticket spam is more common than genuine tickets (real human spammers often-times). I'll be checking in the morning to see if there were more tickets from you - but I think this is the first from what I can see.

6. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

I feel your pain Web...

We had a client lighting our NOC on fire, saying we were neglecting their server going down. Yet our logs showed they called in, and were responded to in exactly 2 minutes. It was escalated and being resolved within 8 minutes, and I had restored their entire network 5 minutes after they opened. Yet apparently we were 'ignoring' them.

You can never please some people.

7. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I have dealt with Web, quite a few times over the years. The service I have received is outstanding. I can honestly say they are one of the most legit resellers I have found. Sure, they aren't perfect, but if there is a issue, they will go the extra 10 yards for the customer.

8. registered

Well, it shouldn't take four days to get a license. If it does then offer an incentive. Here's how you would word it: "Look folks, we're lazy and only work bankers hours. You have to wait a week
    for your license but that's why it's $5 cheaper than getting it direct from ESET."

I have another license renewal coming up next month; hopefully I got it from ESET last time.

This thread is over!

9. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

And With That, This Thread is Closed. Thank You All For Participating!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.