Is AVS plus spyware terminator a good combination with comodo firewall and boclean?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by carioca, Jun 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carioca

carioca Registered Member

o_O
    Good evening! Hi Dear forum companions,

Perhaps someone knows the right reply. Is active virus shield plus spyware terminator (the last release) a good combination with comodo firewall and comodo boclean? For the reason I've heard the avs doesn't have any web protection but AVS is the second ranked antivirus for the 2007. Is that true? Let's talk about it? Doesn't AVS really have a web protection?Whom knows this tough question?Best Regards.

:D

2. besafe

besafe Registered Member

Those are all decent products. I have tried them all at one point in time. The combination is a nice layered approach.

AOL AVS...Stripped down version fo Kaspersky which is as good as they come. It doesn't have the web filters, but is still good.

Spyware Terminator...Has some very good active protections. Make sure you turn the HIPS on. They aren't comprehensive HIPS, but still provide a nice layer of security.

Comodo...A great firewall

Boclean...Take it or leave it. It is signature based so it only stops known trojans. The HIPS on ST should already do that. So you might not need this one.

If I were you, I would ditch boclean and add some sort of virtualization program like Powershadow or sandboxie. But overall, a nice set up.

3. cp4eva

cp4eva Registered Member

Re: Is AVS plus spyware terminator a good combination with comodo firewall and boclea

ST is a good option for free.
    I've used AVS and found it to be fine. Used Avast! Home for some time, as well.

4. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Spyware Terminator would be ok for prevention,not the best scanner for detection.
    Remember Spyware Blaster for prevention.

Comodo firewall is excellent.
    Power Shadow is another good program to look at.

5. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

I would say you have settled on a pretty good free combination of products.

6. carioca

Hi,
    I've heard the avs doesn't have any web protection. Is that true? could you recommend which security stuff I might replace for the web protection instead of? Best Regards.

7. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

Re: Is AVS plus spyware terminator a good combination with comodo firewall and boclea

well avs is just a toned-down version of kaspersky, so maybe you should look for a nice deal for kaspersky.

8. carioca

o_O
    I meant to replace the web protection which is lacking of it for the avs stripped version of Kaspersky. What about SpywareTerminator? Should It be a good replacement? Do you have some free suggestion to fulfill the avs gap.Best Regards.

9. disinter1

disinter1 Guest

The only free antivirus with web protection included is Avast! Home, it's good too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.