Is ATI 10 Home a Beta? Looks like one...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by herojig, Feb 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. herojig

herojig Registered Member

Hi, I have been using ATI for years now and was surprised by the quality of V10 .4871. It seems incomplete. Backing up mail causes mem errors and the static list under back up applications is annoying. With that said, any update is appreciated. I am thinking about replacing Enterprise with home, as that product is way too complicated for a small home lan of 5 machines. It's easier to use home/workstation with PCAnywhere (which always connects to machines on the Lan vs. Enterprise).

Anyway, does anyone know if backing up Outlook folders is supposed to work in this release? And why a static list of apps that I don't have installed, and the ones that I do have installed are not thereo_O I tested on two machines, and on one, Premiere 1.5 was found and backed up, while on the other, it was not. Premiere 2 was not even found! So strange....

BS

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

The advertised feature of backing up Outlook has not worked from Day 1. There are tons of messages here about it. Someone found a workaround, but you will have to search for that message.

3. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Sadly this quality matches that of very version from V1.0 when released. One should not really expect much from any version of ATI until it has matured about 6 months after release. The dilema is that the next release is only about 6 months away after that.:rolleyes:

F.

4. herojig

herojig Registered Member

thanks all for letting me vent. sad but true. still can't live without this product. what else is there? nothing. i've tried.

some good news perhaps. nothing old is broke in v10 that i can see. and it may be my imagination, but the job i have been running for months in v9 of enterprise runs about 50% faster. that can't be right. :p

edit: no, iits the time estimate that's changed, from V9 =3hours to V10 =1 hour; but the job still takes 3 hours. maybe the change is to calculate current task instead of backup job? or this is the performance improvement - the indicator!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2007
  5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello herojig,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Would like to let you know that the issue with backing up MS Outlook settings and messages using "My E-mail" option of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home was fixed in the build 4940. The build 4940 can be downloaded from the "Product Update" section of your account. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.