Is anybody going to answer my question?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by greystoke, Jul 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greystoke

greystoke Registered Member

I posted my question "SpywareGuard compatible with Windows 95?" 6 days ago. Come on tech guys, please reply. I need an answer. I'd like to have protection from spyware as I've been getting a lot of spyware/adware attacks lately.

In case you missed it, my post was:

I am new to SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard and would like to install them on my system. I notice that on the SpywareBlaster home page it says that SpywareBlaster is compatible with Windows 95, etc., but on the SpywareGuard home page it says that SpywareGuard is compatible with Windows 98, etc. but doesn't mention Windows 95. Does that mean it won't install on Windows 95 or I might have problems running it on Windows 95?

My computer is an AMD 586 with 32 Mb RAM running Windows 95b and Internet Explorer 5.01 SP2.

2. DolfTraanberg

DolfTraanberg Registered Member

hi boromir and welcome,
    I don't know if many people still use W95 these days, but I should suggest to go for it.
    I don't think it can hurt, even if is it doesn't work.
    Dolf

3. greystoke

greystoke Registered Member

Hi Dollefie

Thanks for the reply. I'll give it a try.

I know...don't laugh...my system's a dinosaur! But it manages to do most jobs I need it for, albeit a tad slowly! I'm still using Win 95 as it runs best on my older system. Win 95 still works remarkably well in this day and age, as long as you don't install software it can't handle. I'm saving up to buy a new 'puter with Windows XP at the end of the year. But in the meantime I'd like to have protection from spyware.

4. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

boromir - It's possible that you'll get a failure to install unless all your system files are up-to-date - if so, perhaps this thread will help with that: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=5169 .

Trying to use it on 95 will probably be no more of a crapshoot than using it on any other OS - it'll either work or it won't.

Make sure you back up your registry (do you use a separate "imaging" program of any type?) at the very least. Pete

5. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

My apologies for the late reply.

SpywareGuard is not officially compatible with Windows 95. That said, there is a chance it will work. (Do let me know if you try it and it works for you!)

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.