is an email address change enough?

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by T_Durden, Jun 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T_Durden

T_Durden Registered Member

I dont know if this is in the right spot but i have a question about spam and junkmail. Before I invested any time in web security or new any better i had used free ringtone sites, registered my email and name etc... in all places I wouldnt even think of now. So of course im getting garbage email for things i didnt ask for like schooling etc.. now i have since gone through 3 PC'c but have kept te same email addresses for comcast and for yahoo and was wondering if by changing them, would this put a stop to the spam and emails from old sites i visited? Or do i need to get a good spam blocker and if so what are some because i use MSE and i still get them so assume they dont block that stuff welll.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

MSE doesn't have a spam blocker but your ISP is probably using them + whatever you use to read emails usually have one inbuilt. That should be sufficient and as long the most of spam ends in Junk folder all is well

3. T_Durden

T_Durden Registered Member

well i mark them as spam and mi isp has nothing they clain that is a spam blocker other then marking them as spam and making a filter for the 1 at a time.
    So im just stuck with having to empty them out all the time huh? my comcast accountwont let me,or yahoo now that i think of it,wont let me use my mbam to scan them unless i am able to move them ten do it but i dont know how.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.