Is Aluria's Antispyware good?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by gracie123, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gracie123

gracie123 Registered Member

I have Spy Sweeper as my antispyware right now and I may renew. Although, I noticed ewido has more definitions than Spy Sweeper does. But I tried it and didn't see anywhere on the program that it has "Shields" like Spy Sweeper does. I found Spyware Doctor and I thought it was great... how is detection compared to Spy Sweeper or ewido for Spyware Doctor?

Also, is Aluria's at www.aluriasoftware.com antispyware program good?

Thanks, I would appreciate as much feedback as I can :)

Gracie

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

It's a fairly decent piece of software but this is one time where one needs to question whether they want to take the good with the bad. Touch it with a ten foot pole comes to mind.

Aluria Trys To Whitewash The WhenU Fiasco

What will the SEC think of Aluria and Earthlink now?

Aluria Trying To Erase History

An ongoing discussion with Aluria's Rick Carlson is ensuing here:
    http://www.spywarewarrior.com/viewtopic.php?t=19962

3. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    Personally, I would not use Aluria.
    Spyware Doctor - I found only false positives with it, although I feel it could be a nice application. It runs a bit heavy.
    Spy Sweeper - Rather heavy, solid detection, did not have false positives with it.
    I tried both for relatively short period - no thorough testing, more like cpu usage, compatibility and such. I could say both fare similarly, excluding the detection, which I had not had too much chance to examine. So I will claim the Spyware Doctor FPs I had with some reservation - they were normal FPs that softwares have - nothing tragic, like for instance Pest Patrol flagged Opera browser as malware. :)
    Ewido is very light, fast, extremely effective. Very few FPs, despite heavy usage (only had my 2nd FP with Ewido ever yesternight). Warmly recommended on my behalf.
    Go with Ewido.
    Mrk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.