Is all traffic through a NIC scanned?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by nodHead, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nodHead

nodHead Registered Member

I ask this because in Advanced settings there is a place to add internet applications so that their traffic is scanned. There is a warning that if an application is not added - then the internet traffic going through it may not be scanned. Do I need to add all of my applications that might access the internet (eg. for updates) in there or does NOD32 V3 check / scan all inbound traffic? o_O

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Read this thread. That part apparently confuses people.

NOD32 will scan internet traffic. The warning is if you exclude a program (by marking it with a red cross).

3. nodHead

So the text has been amended and yet it's still totally confusing. This does not inspire confidence. :oops:

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

By default, the communication on HTTP and POP3 ports is routed via the internal proxy for scanning as well as the communication of applications marked as a web browser or email client. With default settings it's perfectly ok if you don't mark any application. It'd be necessary only if you set the firewall to route the traffic only for the marked applications which is not by default.

5. nodHead

Excellent, thanks for responding Marcos - mystery solved. Appreciate you taking the time to explain. :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.