Is Adware Away 2.2.4 for real?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by still_longhorn, Oct 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. still_longhorn

still_longhorn Registered Member

I've read several feedback about how Adware Away 2.2 can get rid of About:Blank. Is this app for real? Are there any known drawbacks?

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

3. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Snowbound...LOL you beat me to the post again. ;)

From what I've found googling for it, it is not a free program, but it does have a trial period, how long the trial is or if it will remove spyware during the trial period, I don't know.

But on their site they state they have a Money Back guarantee if they cannot remove the spyware.

snap

4. still_longhorn

still_longhorn Registered Member

Hi Snowbound!

Thanks.

I went to http://www.spywareinfoforum.com/index.php?showtopic=24564

Eric L. Howes appears stumped, too! He doesn't call it a rogue app, yet his suspicions run high. Powerful program, poor layout & design, awful website sort of comments... plus allegations are flying all over the net!

So OK its a 5-day limit shareware. I use it for five minutes and something I've been trying to get rid of for days is gone... thanks to a funny looking app with an even funnier GUI and an awfully designed website to boot! How come it's not as welcome as the other good guy apps? Should we expect repercussions from its use? Or can I recommend this app to "About:Blank" victims?

Still Longhorn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.