Is Acronis Disk Director right for me?

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by MillerTimeAtl, Apr 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MillerTimeAtl

MillerTimeAtl Registered Member

Greetings all -

I've got myself in a little bit of a pickle and need some advice.

I had 1 fully functional WD 40GB drive (ide1-master) with Win XP, and 2 WD 250 GB drives (ide2-master with a DVDR as slave, ide1-slave). This setup has worked for over a year. I recently purchased another WD 250GB drive and wanted to move the OS from the 40GB drive to the new 250GB drive making it the ide1-master.

I attempted to use the trial version of Acronis to clone the drive. Somehow, now I did get one drive with a 250GB bootable partition, 1 drive with 250GB partition that is marked as bootable (not recognized by BIOS) and a 3rd 250GB drive (also not recognized by BIOS).

I've double and triple checked the jumper settings. I've even tried changing the drives positions from master to slave etc with no luck. The odd thing is that using Western Digital Data Lifeguard Tools I can see both drives. In addition, using Acronis Disk Director, I can see all drives and the folders and files within them.

Using this software is a little new to me so I tried using partition recover, but the message I received was that there was no unallocated space. So, I'm not sure what exactly the problem is, what to do about it, and whether the Acronis software would help me? I'd gladly buy the licensed version for $50 if it will help me recover the data. I have some pictures on the drive that I'd like to keep. I do have a backup, but I'm not sure how current it is.

Hopefully, I've made the situation clear. If not, I'll be glad to expound.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mike,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Please be aware that Acronis Disk Director Suite does not allow you to clone a hard drive. Could you please describe in more details what product you have used in order to perform cloning and what actions you have taken ste-by-step during the cloning process?

Please connect your clone drive as Prmary Master and unplug the original drive. Then please boot up from the Windows Bootable CD, then go to the Recovery Console (the first Repair option you come to).

From the command prompt please type:

FIXMBR C:
    FIXBOOT C:
    BOOTCFG /rebuild

After that, please reboot your computer.

If this does not help then please create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post and submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected report file to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.