Is Acronis Backup Bootable?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by InertKinesis, Jul 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InertKinesis

InertKinesis Registered Member

Hi,
    I have a computer with a RAID 0 array, and I want to seperate the two disks into independent drives. I have made a backup file of the whole main partition (only partition) on the array, and saved it to an external drive. My plan is to now deconstruct the RAID array and then restore the contents of the backup to one of the drives.

So my question is: Will Acronis (I'm using a bootable CD with the full and safe versions on it) allow me to restore the backup to a drive that's technically different than the one it came from? And if so, will the drive that I restore it to then be bootable (into Windows)?

2. InertKinesis

InertKinesis Registered Member

Anybody? Sorry to be impatient, but I want to get this process moving along.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello InertKinesis,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note, that when you restore an image of an active partition using Acronis True Image, it stays bootable and fully functional. In some cases there are random issues, which are caused by the lack of specific hardware drivers. We also suggest you to look at Acronis True Image with Universal Restore, which will allow you to recover your images even on a different hardware or a virtual machine.

Please visit Acronis online store in order to purchase the product http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/sales/online/

Thank you.
    --
    Fedor Kurbatov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.