Is Acronis 7 any better than 8

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by anderbr, Sep 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anderbr

anderbr Registered Member

:(

Is Acronis 7 any less problematic than version 8.

I have just purchased Acronis TI8 and I can only get it to recover images on about half of the workstations I have tried it on.

On workstations that it fails to work on .. it makes no difference if I use the f11 function to enter it or a recovery CD, I get the same error messages.

Now today I was trying it on an Acer laptop and after creating an Acronis recovery partition the laptop would no longer boot. I cannot even F-disk the hard drive and start again. F-disk reports a single extended dos partition the size of the acronis partition I was trying to create. It sayse it contains logical drives but shows none. I am therefore not able to delete the partition and start over. I am completely stymied...... any helpful suggestions...

I have emailed Acronis for support but they seem to give one or two replies and then I hear nothing more from them.

This product an its support are very disappointing

Was version 7 any bettero_O

Do I have downgrade rights to 7 .. will 7 read images created by 8?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.