is a squared 4.5 and zemana adequate protection?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by kasperking, Jul 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kasperking

kasperking Registered Member

after going through many threads here and dabbling with many softwares i found a2+zemana to be lightest on my pc but its effectiveness still causes a lingering doubt so can the experts help quash my doubts.I used sandboxie but a2 surf protection does not work with SB.My backup insurance is macrium reflect.This question specifically cropped up as i read the threads on safe.sys and poc termination plus the daily dose of normal(if there is any such thing)threats

2. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

i think u are definetly well covered, A2 has AV + AS + BB and Zemana Antilogger has its system defence module, so u shuld be covered quite well id day, and windows Firewall is plenty enough, if u really wanted u culd add in a rollback software like rollback rx as a precaution.

3. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Has anyone seen Zemana deal with a zero day threat? Has any third party analysis been run with Zemana?
    Thanks.

4. firzen771

not that i know of, but through my own personal use i found it to be quite effective, take that for what it is i suppose.

5. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

I am not being critical of Zemana and have been using it for a couple of months.
    However, the only thing I have seen it pass are the seven tests in AntiKeyloggerTest by firewallleaktester (this website is currently unavailable for a couple of months) . Other than passing these tests, I haven't seen it do anything.

6. kasperking

kasperking Registered Member

Same with a2...i like it but haven'nt found any concrete testing done anywhere so i am relying too much on anecdotal hearsay and that makes me a tad apprehensive

7. firzen771

ther have been tests with A2, and in all of them it scores quite high, AV-C just hasnt tested them. dont ask me for links cuz i dont have them, but theyve been posted on this forum before.

8. Retadpuss

Retadpuss Suspended Member

With A2 and Zemana you are about as safe as can be. I use Prevx and Zemana - I also test and play about with malware (new) every day and can confirm Zemana works in the real worls against these threats. If Prevx misses anyrging, Zemana kicks in - it is a fantastic app.

You do not need any mora HIPS or AMs. Could try Sandboxie for IE tho.

Puss

9. Someone

Someone Registered Member

IMHO you would even be fine with just A-squared.

10. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

Yes I was wondering just how much of the functionality of Zemana is already contained within the Mamutu component of A2 :doubt:

11. firzen771

maybe some, but through my own use, Keylogger detection seems to be an achiles heel for Mamutu. and Zemana's System defence module will cover Mamutu's back for any discrepancies in alerts.

12. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

Well if they play alright together no harm in covering all the bases.:thumb:

13. firzen771

on Vista Ultimate SP1 32bit they worked fine together as well as on XP professional 32bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.