Iron: Google Chrome without privacy worries

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by HURST, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HURST

HURST Registered Member

Couldn't find any post related to this, so here it goes:

http://smokeys.wordpress.com/2008/09/26/iron-google-chrome-without-privacy-worries/

2. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

Hi Hurst,

thanks for mentioning my blog post about Google Chrome, the privacy worries and the solution to eliminate these worries: Iron.

I wrote that post for reason of several discussions on BRB, apparently many people want to use Google Chrome but have doubts about privacy related issues. My blog post is trying to make clear what these privacy issues are, and at the same time providing an alternative to people that like Google Chrome but are questioning the privacy of that browser. The alternative is Iron: a German private stripped version of the Google browser in English language.

For the interested ones please read my blog post for full info about Google Chrome / Iron, in that post is also a how-to-install because the installer is in German language. Don't worry, again, the program itself is in English language also.

Some extra info about Iron:

- Google Chrome use a dated WebKit-Version, Iron an up-to-date one.
    - Iron is really fast, the fastest webbrowser i have ever seen.

Regards,

Smokey

3. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

4. Arup

Arup Guest

Well looks like this one will be an alternate to Opera instead of IE. Thanks for the link.

5. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

6. norky

norky Registered Member

I feel bad that I don't really have any privacy worries when I use Chrome :/

7. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

SR's is the fastest browser I have used in a while. And the ad blocking is impressive thus far. The bookmark feature is quirky though. But if this browser had a few tweaks available it would certainly be a nice #2 browser- maybe more.

8. ambient_88

ambient_88 Registered Member

Google Chrome and browsers based on the Chromium source code are certainly fast. However, there are still quite a few bugs out there and the fact that they don't have smooth scrolling is a show-stopper for me.

9. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

SR's IRON is certainly fast, as is Chrome, however Roboform will not work with either. For me, that's a no-go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.