IRC/Besik.B trojan -- From Apple Store?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by CrookedBloke, May 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrookedBloke

CrookedBloke Registered Member

Hi,

I just ordered an Apple Ipod Nano as a gift for my neice from the Apple Store at http://store.apple.com/us.

They sent me a thank-you e-mail for placing the order, and then they sent me a confirmation of shipment e-mail. When I received each of these e-mails through my Hotmail account I got a threat detected message from NOD32 2.70.39 and the specification of this threat:

probably a variant of IRC/Besik.B trojan

Obviously (I hope) a false positive.

My OS is Vista SP1, and I have never had a threat detected on this system before.

2. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hi,

Have you sent a sample of the file to the lab? You can do it via the program and if it is a false positive they will remove it from the database.

BFG

3. CrookedBloke

CrookedBloke Registered Member

Yes, sorry. I should have mentioned that. I sent a sample from the quarantined files location to ESET. I just wondered if anyone else had seen this. That's kind of a big commercial site (though I seldom go there) to be having an FP on an antivirus check of its e-mail.

Thanks for your suggestion. And for not dope-slapping me.

;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.