iPod

Discussion in 'hardware' started by John Bull, Sep 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Bull

John Bull Registered Member

I don`t know whether I have chosen the right place for this question, but here goes.

A neighbour got an iPod for her Birthday. I have looked on the net to find out what the devil an iPod is and am baffled why anybody should want one.

Each to his own I guess, but why should an adult spend their bucks on this kind of irrelevant product ?

John B

2. ruinebabine

ruinebabine Registered Member

Don't know about the iPod either, 'cause had not touched it yet and probably never will! But what I know is that Sandisk Sansa Clip is the best sounding mp3 player that I know of, in it's price range. And it can play more than only mp3s (ogg, flac and some more...). RockBoxed and paired with good head(ear)phones round it for great music listening experience !

3. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    You don't like taking your music with you where ever you go?
    Did you ever use 8 tracks or cassettes or CDs in your car?
    Or use 8 tracks or cassettes or CDs or vinyl albums in your home stereo?
    Ever use "walkmans" when they first came out?
    Or some form of portable stereo?

Some of us don't think music is "irrelevant"..but people are certainly entitled to their opinion. I'm older, I grew up in the transitional period when 8-tracks and vinyl albums were popular, my dad even had a reel to reel player. When cassettes came out, I got into upgrading my car stereo for those, and enjoyed the first Sony Walkman, and so on and so forth.

Being able to carry what would have been a whole suitcase full of cassettes or CDs...in something as small and portable as the iPod now...and with excellent music quality...it's a no brainer why the iPod is such as success.

4. John Bull

John Bull Registered Member

OK Stonecat, you should know me by now - my description of this product was rightly or wrongly intended to provoke comment. Hopefully chastising me for being so ignorant of modern day habits and resulting in a beneficial picture of iPod use.

Personally I can do without walking around with the 1812 Overture blasting my ear drums out with the attendant cannonade salvo. I tend to think about what I am walking about for. Having a noisy racket in my ears to numb the brain, promotes a massive fear of walking under a bus or becoming straddled around a lamp post, coupled of course with the guarantee of becoming as deaf as a plank at an early age.

John B :D

5. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

And if you want to know more about what an iPod is, look no further than here.

6. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Had you said "iPad"....I would have joined you!
    THAT is a product that I wonder "why"...

7. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

im pretty sure id be lost and hopeless if i didnt have my ipod :D

8. Eice

Eice Registered Member

So in other words - you're a deliberate troll?

9. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Since OP's question has been answered.....

Thread Closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.