ip address

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by maddawgz, Jun 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

Hi i used this program Mibbit, someone said i can see ur IP, can anyone do anything with your IP, or know where you go browsing?, can they hack me. I have a modem/router, but not sure if that's enough.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

unless there is some kind of malware running on your machine (for whatever reason) you've got nothing to worry about. I'm assuming you are using common sense and observe normal everyday security precautions

3. maddawgz

I just use windows firewall, router hardware modem. Is it good habit to turn of Wireless connection button on laptop, or shutting it down so off is same thing? i know someone that turns there switch off rather than shuts pc down

4. pajenn

pajenn Registered Member

They can see your ISP location (that is, your general location). You can, however, hide your "real" IP using TOR or with applications such as Hotspot Shield at the cost of some slowdown in your internet browsing. (But you can just use them on-demand).

5. maddawgz

oh that's ok says Sydney i am not in Sydney that's where ISP is , i did a who is on google, how do you guys shut down laptopso_O wireless off or just lid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.