iOD versus Andrid - who is fastest?

Discussion in 'hardware' started by aigle, Oct 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  2. Techwiz

Techwiz Registered Member

Can't honestly say I notice a performance difference between my nexus 4 and the families iphones in regards to touch responsiveness. This is noticeable however with my first-gen kindle fire. It's running a customized version of gingerbread and definitely has some rubber banding and slow responsiveness issues. This is noticeable when typing, tapping elements on screen, and scrolling. I don't see any of that on my phone. Typing and scrolling seems smooth. The only time I've seen noticeable performance issues is while playing around with different launchers and transitions. There are so major hardware differences though. So I'm inclined to believe touch responsiveness is certainly influences by other factors: rubber banding, delay in app responsiveness, hardware etc. I'd image this isn't going to be that big an issue with the direction companies like Samsung and Google are taking. It's unlikely most of us will be "touching" the screen. Hardly, if any.

3. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Same here . . .
    My parents own iPhones and to be honest i dont notice any difference at all compared to my SGS 3.

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I think practically speaking the difference will not be noticeable on any high end device.

5. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

Exactly. Even on some cheap Android devices, e.g. the $80 S3 clone I just bought, although very cheaply made was extremely responsive with no lags.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.